Saturday 8 August 2009

Allsorts challenge 13

On to week 13 at Allsorts - and everything going to plan, we are in Roma, the eternal City, oh I do so love it, probably my favourite destination of the whole itinerary and even if I have been many time before never tire of Il colosseo's magnificence - if you stand quietly you can almost smell the carnage and hear the crys of gladiators falling to their demise........sorry, getting carried away here.......gosh I do hope Bloggers not playing up while I'm away otherwise I'll come back to some real unhappy bunnies at Allsorts.

The challenge this week has been set by Gro who asks us think Vintage, a style I love so really enjoyed making my DT card for this one.......well enjoy them all really, but I always feel comfy with vintage and love all the techniques to get the aged feel.

My main image is Hampton Arts DF4513 stamped with versfaine sepia onto linen cardstock and embossed with detail clear. I stamped her hat a second time and decoupaged it adding a little colour to the flower. I roughed up the edges, stamped Magenta 32090 randomly with Tim Holtz spiced marmalade, the dusted the edges with versamark and added some detail gold embossing powder.
The ripped background paper is a piece of copier paper scrunched, inked over with TH antique linen and spiced marmalade, them again with versamark and embossed with detail gold, then to add a bit of glitz a spray of gold Glimmer Mist. Added a piece of lace down the side and some gold roses and cord round the image Christine style, thanks for the inspiration Chris. The words are some unmounted stamps from Stampsmith.

10 comments:

Claire Phillips said...

Very beautiful - vitage cards at their best! Cheers Claire x

Liz said...

oh wow how very lovely this is

liz x

eiyiyi said...

Simply gorgeous! eileen xoxo

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda that card is stunning, I love it, its so classy. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Zoechaos said...

Love this perfectly captures the theme.

Juls said...

this is stunning! she is beautiful and I love the sepia! perfect for vintage!

lisa said...

Hi Brenda. I hope Rome lived up to your expectations, I'm sure it did. I love this card. Your lady is so elegant and her decoupaged hat is gorgeous. The background papers are beautiful too.

Lisax

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Oh, Brenda! This is lovely! I have always loved that stamp with the hat, and I love the floral decoration. (Thanks for the mention! :o)

Hope you're having a lovely holiday!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the distressed copier paper background!
Helen x

PinksyDoodles said...

Simply gorgeous Brenda. I love it all!
Clare x