Saturday 22 August 2009

Allsorts Week 15

A huge thank you to everyone who entered Allsorts challenge this week for my English Country Garden theme which many of your kindly told me you really enjoyed.

Now we move on to week fifteen and it's the turn for our new teamie Jules to select the theme where she asks us to follow her sketch plus some torn edges - it can be just one edge or lots of edges - just tear your paper as much as you dare. Wow, now there's a challenge, are you up to tearing your beloved DP's I wonder ?

I have started with a dark geen card which carries the background colour of my DP of which I do not know the make as I purchased it last year for a rather special card and this is the leftover. My image is a swirl from Inkadinkado 97632 stamped with Stayzon olive, dusted with chalk to tone the cardstock down and cut out with Nesties through the Bug, along with the mat using Bazzil. The roses are Magenta Tilda range stamps (they came as a set of two) wich I stamped onto vellum with Memento ink and coloured in with Promarkers. The greeting stamped onto vellum again with the olive ink is Art Impressions E3145 and held in place with two pearl brads. Finally three pink pearls to fit in with Jules sketch.......in a different place as this seemed to fit my layout better, hope you don't mind the alteration Jules.

12 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Brenda

Wow, your card is stunning, and you have teared your DP papers. I love everything about your card. Perfection.

luv
irene
xxxx

Carol said...

Very pretty colours Brenda and I especially like the roses and I have those brads in cream, they are lovely. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Brenda this is beautiful I do so love your flower designs they always manage to bring a little peace into my life. The colours are perfectly matched with the gorgeous colours.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda,

I am sure I have seen this sketch B4.... never mind. Any way loving the vellum great idea, I just bought some thick vellum cardstock (SU) and I am at some point going to use it like a stained glass effect. (I have loads of ideas then forget all about them until something reminds me lol) it's called gettin on in yrs lol.

Love the card again so much work and yr info on yr post is very good too, mine at the moment is very basic I just list everything but I have noticed there is so much I can add (if I can be bothered lol)so yr teaching me how to use blog a bit too!

Love Dawn xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, I was on your Colours of Autumn class a few weeks ago (which I really enjoyed), but this is the first chance I've had to visit your blog. It's truly inspirational. Love this card. You really do have an eye for colour.

Allyson x

p.s. I've had to post as anonymous because I have no idea what URL stands for!

Nannieflash said...

Morning Brenda, its so lovely to have you back, your card is gorgeous, love the rose design, and the papers are beautiful. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Kari said...

Wonderful card,Brenda!
Great colours and lovely roses!Beautiful paper too;)
Have a lovely weekend;)

Hugs,Kari:)

Sally H said...

This is very pretty Brenda! I love your choice of colours x

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card great take on the sketch and the way the rose is escaping from the centre panel perfection.

Thank you as well hun - you know what for xx

Lynda said...

A very elegant and beautiful card. Love the DPs and all the sparkly on them (had to have a close up!)and I just love the roses stamped on the vellum. Just beautiful!

Love Lynda xxx

Juls said...

beautiful! Love the dimention and all the added glitter!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Breath-taking! I love everything about this card!

Hugs,
Chris xx