Saturday 29 August 2009

Allsorts week 16

It's Saturday and that means time for the new Allsorts challenge and this weeks it's Amanda's turn the select the theme and one to really make us think, no stamped image on your card.

So I decided to use the Cricut, it's been feeling a bit neglected lately other than being used for the odd greeting or shaped card. As I really like this santa and sleigh on the Christmas solutions cartridge I have based my card around him.

The background has been created with my favourite's.......yes of course, Glimmer Mists. I used silver as the base, masked a moon and eversparayed with midnight, denim and lemon zest, removed the mask and gave the whole piece a final spray of pearl. The church, cottage and trees are also cut on the same cartridge as santa from gloss black cardstock and the snowy roofs etc from a white glitter card. The greeting is from wild card. I added estra snow using diamond glaze and Judikins snow glitter.

13 comments:

Gro said...

Hi Brenda.
Just want to say that I realy LOVE your card. It is beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Brenda this is a beautiful creation I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally H said...

This is stunning, Brenda! very sparkly x

Sarah xx said...

Wow! This is stunning Brenda - can I order a batch???
Hugs
xx

Unknown said...

I don't know if I can make a card with out a stamp? that is a real challenge lol Love yours though (I don;t have a cricut though lol will go have a looksey at the other designers see if I can get any idead lol

Oh its sat and my GM have arrived yay!!!

Love Dawn xx

PinksyDoodles said...

I was really interested to see what you made for this challenge with "no stamps". This card is absolutely gorgeous!
Clare x

Lynda said...

Wow Brenda I love this. The Cricut has cut those images beautifully and the background is amazing. A perfect Christmas scene!

Love Lynda xxx

Janis Lewis said...

WOW! It all came together so nice! Looks like yet another cart to add to my ever growing wish list!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

This is just gorgeous! That background is amazing, and I LOVE the way you do the moon thing! Doing everything else in silhouette is a stroke of genius.. Brilliant!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Lisa said...

Hi Brenda, Gorgeous card! I love the background.

Lisa x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

wonderful card and such detail. Didn't know you had a cricut are they good?.janex

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Love this card.

I wondered how you had created it.

Love Jules xx

Merry said...

Waht wonderful cards you create Brenda. Thanks for stopping over at my blog and leaving such lovely comments. I love the silohettes in this card.