Monday 31 August 2009

Cupcake challenge

Bank Holiday Monday and of course the weather is dull and grey and rain in the air.......what more could we expect in England ? So what else can one do than immerse themselves in a morning of crafting and as its Monday time for another Cupcake challenge which this week has a recipe: 3 buttons, 2 DP's and 1 ribbon.

So my card.......I decided to follow the weather and go Autumnal and used three of the stamps from one of the new sets from Inkadinkado 97513 which I stamped onto Basic Grey DP using versafine sepia (yes, you did read right, no embossing !). I 'roughed' the piece up a bit, distressed the edges with Tim Holtz brushed corduroy then embossed with detail copper......had to get the heat gun out somewhere. The backing DP is Hot off the Press which I stamped all over with Hero Arts H2365 French writing using Brilliance cosmic copper and again distressed the edges.
The five leaves down the side were stamped with the same brilliance and TH inks onto shrink plastic. Finally some flowers, the three requisite buttons and tied raffia - I used this instead of ribbon as it fits the theme of my card better and hope this is acceptable for the challenge rules........I will soon know if it's not, because they will throw me out of the Mr Linky list.

23 comments:

craftimamma said...

You're really cracking on now you're back Brenda! You're putting me well and truly to shame, Lol!

Fabulous card with gorgeous colours and love the way you have used the images. I have that set, looked at it the other day but thought 'Nah! It's too early to use it yet'. What happened to summer - I'm still waiting?

Lesley Xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love al the stamped foliage and swirls, love the autumnal feel! fab!

Kari said...

Oh,my,this is wonderful!I just love the colour you have used!A real autumn feeling!
Have a great day:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Lynda said...

Beautiful card Brenda and love ALL of those stamps but especially the wind swept swirly leaf one. Where has this year gone? Autumn is definitely looming!

Love Lynda xxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

This is fab! I love the colours, the stamping and distressing.. A favourite for me.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Silli said...

Brenda, your card is beautiful. I love the colors and the papers... Great work. Happy monday. Hugs Silke

Unknown said...

As always a cracking card Bren

Love Dawn xx

Sally H said...

Oh my goodness! More stamps we both have! A stunning card. As Lesley says, you are definitely on a roll at the moment! xxx

pinky said...

Very pretty cards, the colours are very apt for the weather lol.
Pinky

Emma said...

This is beautiful Brenda - I love the soft brown tones you've used. I see you too have a had a couple Christmas numbers as well.

Thank you for your sweet comments over at my place and have a fun bank holiday :D

Emma x

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

Absoloutely gorgeous and beautiful. You always amaze me with your fabby creations.

luv
irene
xxxx

issy said...

beautiful Brenda, it certainly fits the weather today..

issy

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Brenda - this is beautiful. I love the colors and am so excited autumn is headed our way - that's my favorite time of year.

Penni said...

Beautiful, I love the way you've used your buttons.

Hugs
Penni
X

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful Brenda, so autumnal. The stamped leaves are gorgeous and I love the shrinkie leaves you've made to match.
Clare x

cheryl said...

this is so beautiful hun love it hugs cheryl xxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Such a beautiful card! I love autumn cards very very much! thanks for playing with us at CCC this week!

stampinfrog said...

Oh Brenda this card is GORGEOUS! I love the color combo (browns) and the leaves are just perfect!
Hugs,Connie

Liza said...

You have done a great job with the recipe challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Brenda, what a lovely card. Such unusual colours and the leaves look stunning. Love the distressed look. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Claire Phillips said...

Love this one in particular - fab colours! Cheers Claire x

Donna said...

Fantastic card you have created, love the little flowers and the colours on this card! Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

Pop's Cards said...

This is really pretty, it looks gorgeous, great job on our challenge at cupcake hugs Pops x