Wednesday 19 August 2009

Inspirational Card Sketchers and Creative Card Crew

Well I'm chuffed to bits that you seem to be liking the idea of a Glimmer Mist tutorial, I've even had a few PM to egg me on, so I shall continue to work away at it. Did some pictures first thing, now I need to get everything into an understandable format.......how possible that will be when I even confuse myself half the time remains to be seen, but if you don't try as they say........... I am trying to use the same principal as in class and go through it step by step but not really sure if that will work, we shall see !

So in the meantime this is what I can up with for this weeks lovely sketch by Olena at Inspirational Card Sketchers - I like working with squares so I naturally love this one and have combined it with this weeks Christmas in August theme from Creative Card Crew.

Gives me the chance to get out the new Christmas Penny Black stamps again and do a few more samples for Sir Stampalots big Christmas launch weekend which is running over 29th & 30th August 10-4 both day. Lots planned including in store demos, all the new Penny Black, Hero, Mangenta, Tilda etc products and 'on the day specials' as well. Make a note in your diaries. And you can bet on some eats and drinks as well to keep your energy levels up - well crafting can be exhausting, especially choosing all those new goodies.

The snowflake stamp is PB3933H and the DP's Joly Holly from Fancy Pants. Main image is stamped with versamark and embossed with detail white. The corners on the squares were cut using Martha Steward doily lace punch and the corners of the main card run through the bug and embossed with one of the fancy corners folders. Poinsettia flowers made using a punch and gems added to embellish. It's a pretty simple card, but sometimes that's all it takes and I quite like the finished article.

21 comments:

Ineke said...

This is a great Christmast card. I like the colors and the paper and the stamp. Nice work. Greetings Ineke

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Brenda I love it the colours especially I love

Hugs
Lorraine x

Juls said...

beautiful, love the embossed details in the corner.

Sally H said...

Oh Wow! I love it! I must try embossing the corners like that, and the snowflake stamp is so detailed. Beautiful card, Brenda x

Unknown said...

Great sketch for a Christmas card.. beautiful card.
Cheers

Paula said...

What a great Christmas card the layout is fab and such lovely colours. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Kari said...

What a wonderful Christmas card!!
Lovely colours!
Have a great day:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Lynda said...

A very beautiful Christmas Card. Lovely stamp and I love the embossed corners too.

Love Lynda xxx

eiyiyi said...

A beautiful card, as always. hugs, eileen

Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful` Brenda Thanks for joining in with ICS:)x

pinky said...

This is beautiful, it nearly looks like stitching. Posted this morning brenda but keep forgetting to go pack and put code in and lose my blimming post lol. So I hope I remember this time and yes I would love to see the glimmer mist demonstrated.
Pinky

Vicky said...

Great christmas card Brenda, so creative, love the embossed corners, and that snowflake stamp. Thanks for joining in at ICS. :)xx

Karen said...

Really beautiful elegant card. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.
Karen x

Irene said...

Morning Brenda

Wow, a fabulous Christmas card, I love the layout and those fabby corners.

luv
irene
xxxx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is beautiful! I love your corner treatments! Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

Regina said...

this is beautiful! love the papers and the embossing in the corners. thanks for playing along at ICS

wendipooh13 said...

love the elgent feel and fun embossing on the corners!! nice touch. great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! This is so elegant! Awesome card! Wonderful use of the papers. Love the colours and details. Thanks for joining us at CCC.
Sharon xx

Dawn♥ said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Love those photo corners made with the doily lace punch. Cute idea. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to play along at ICS this week.
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous card Brenda - loving the corners and cute little flowers mixed with the embossing - adds such an elegant touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ICS!

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card, just love your take on this weeks sketch and the colours and snowflake image are fantastic!!!

Thanks ♥ for joining us this week, HuGs Kim :)