Monday 10 August 2009

Onwards to Spain

Goodness, I do hope Mr Blogger is going to play ball with me and all these schedules posts. This is the third of the Lavinia stamps - details on earlier posts - cards created before we travelled. Yesterday on our itinerary was Cagliari, Sardinia, never been there before so not a lot I can tell you about it yet, but have been to Cadiz in Seville before which is our next port of call. History claims that Hercules founded Cadiz which was a favourite haunt for pirates........so much so that the streets were specially designed in an intricate gridwork to deter them.......no idea if the theory worked though ! The city has a fantastic Cathedral and boats some spectacular Baroque architecture.

The background for this one is Glimmer Misted with patina, turquoise and pink bubblegum and some texture added by inking through some mesh fabric and embossing with detail gold. The fairy word background is also from Lavinia and stamped with Tim Holtz soft blossom and the small fairies stamped onto the background offcuts and their wings glittered. Bottom scallop and corner is Martha Stewart doily lace, ribbon and gem brads added down the side.

20 comments:

Carol said...

beautiful card x

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! I love the stamps so much!! such beautifuk colours!! hope you are having a fab time on your hols!

Liz said...

Simply Stunning
Liz x

Kari said...

Gorgeous card! I love the fairys,wonderful colours :)

Sounds like a great vacation:)

Hugs,Kari:)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful images and love the colours and papers.
Feeling a bit green with envy, wish I was there with you.
luv
Debby

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Hope you are feeling fab. Enjoy eileen xoxox

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda, your card is absolutely gorgeous, and your holiday sounds really smashing wish it had been me, youve been visiting such lovely and interesting places. Hope the weather is better with you than its turned here today. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Janis Lewis said...

I so love your fairy cards!

Lynda said...

The cards you have made with these stamps are just absolutely stunning - going to have to get some now - I will never be rich lol. The holiday is sounding fantastic and thanks for the little history lesson today.

Love Lynda xxx

pinky said...

Lovely card Brenda, love the way you have done the ribbon.
Pinky

Louise said...

love it, love it an did I say I love it totally gorgeous, hope your having a good holiday
hugs louise xx

Claire Phillips said...

What a fantastic image just beautiful! Cheers Claire x

Unknown said...

the stamps I love them love them! so who is lavina and where do I look for the stamps xx

lisa said...

Another wonderful fairyland card Brenda. The colours and background on this are stunning.

Lisax

Lynne K said...

Another gorgeous card! The colours are just dreamy, and I love the way you've done the ribbon. The fairies look as though they are about to fly off.

Linda . J said...

Such a beautiful card, love the gorgeous designs and detail!
Hugs Linda

Mel said...

This is yummy. theres a little something for yo on my blog! Mel x

craftimamma said...

Ahh, this is wonderful once again. I absolutely love what you do with these stamps and I simply must have them.

The holiday sounds wonderful too.

Lesley Xx

Lynda said...

Hi Brenda - just another little note to say I've left you a little something over on my blog as a thank you for all of your wonderful inspiration. Hope you can pop over and collect it when you get back from your hols. I've put a link here to make it easier for you.

Love Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card lovin the image and colour combo xx jo xx