Monday 31 August 2009

Oriental style

A quick share of a card I made this weekend just playing around with ideas, not really sure about it but I've made worse I guess.

The background was created with Tim Holz distress inks dusky concord, broken china and shabby shutters which I applied to a craft mat, spritzed with water then laid my cardstock over and allowed it to absorb. The image is a really old stamp JudiKins 2815H stamped with black Stayzon. I then added versamark from a one of those ink pens (I'm sure they have a proper name, but not a clue what it is so do hope you know what I mean) here and there to the image, added Sticky Stuff, heated and applied gold leaf. The sentiment is from a Stamp Barn cube. I also stamped the main card with bamboo from a Hero Arts unmounted set (sorry no codes) using versamark black and embossed with detail clear, the bleached out some of the leaves, although this does not really show up on my picture. Finally I added some oriental coins and cord.

10 comments:

Juls said...

hi brenda,

this is gorgeous! Love the gold sparkle on your bonzi tree, fab card! hugs Juls

Lynda said...

Awwww Brenda this is gorgeous love the gold and the luxury feel to it all. You are very clever at using different techniques and pulling them all together beautifully.

Love Lynda xxx

Sally H said...

beautiful, Brenda. I get the impression you are going through your stash, inks and stamps, because everything you make is so different and so varied x

Jules said...

Wow Brenda

This is fantastic.

Great to see oriental work that doesn't involve masses of red and gold.

Love Jules xx

cheryl said...

this is brillaint hun love it love cheryl xxxxxxxx

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful card Brenda! Love the gold on the tree and the color combo is perfect for this oriental tree.
Hugs,Connie

Nilla said...

I feel at home, Brenda! Love this card with the golden details! Hugs Nilla

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

A gorgeous card, I love the background.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sarah said...

Fab card Brenda! I like the embossed background! The 'spritzed' bit on the card is super too! That technique never works out well for me!

Nannieflash said...

Well all your hard work has really made a stunning card Brenda, I love the background its come out beautifully. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxx