Wednesday 12 August 2009

Parisian influence

Realised as I spend the day scheduling these posts that I'm also giving you a bit of a European tour as well, do hope I'm not boring you all to tears ....... probably come back to an abandoned blog ? Today we are scheduled to dock in Lisbon at 8am, quite a spectacular entrance to this Portuguese city under the huge de Abril bridge, 2.2m wide spanning the Tagus and alongside the Cristo Rei statue which is a replica of the one in Rio. Tomorrow we head to Vigo in northern Spain.......the seafood restaurants that line the streets are sometning else, can't wait.

This card is one I made for a friends birthday and as I rather liked it ended up making a couple more very similar. My main image is Stamps Happen 80436 stamped as is my norm with versafine black and embossed with detail clear and coloured very lightly with Marvy pens. The wording is a Hero background stamp Life and beauty G2678. The DP is Scrappy Cat and I added some lace, a feather, flowers, pearls and ribbon.

16 comments:

Lauren said...

This is SO cute! I love anything Parisian (my office/scrapping room had a Parisian theme - lots of toile and eiffer towers!)

I LOVE this card!

Lauren

Unknown said...

love love love this stamp I have a Paris theme on one of my cards and lookinf for some more stamps this is ideal. loving the card hunny

I have been to Lavinas (your link is wrong BTW) luckly its a streigh fwd addy I love the mushrooms they are so on my list (hopefull on the way as we spk)

Love Dawn xx

Tracy said...

Hi Brenda love the card, I love Paris although Hubby was bored to tears when we went! The colours are gorgeous and love all your embellies
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carol said...

Love this. I have this stamp too and it always makes a lovely card. I especially like the embellishments, it really makes the card.

Carol x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Ohh, now.. THAT is just delicieuse!!! Beautiful.

Hugs,
Chris xx

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card and image and I love what you've done with the feather and flowers. Very Ooh La La!!!

Lesley Xx

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Loving your card to pieces and looking forward to your return - not that I am wishing your holiday away.

Why do other people's holidays always seem to last longer than your own???

Hope you are having a great time. Sounds like you are to me.

Love Jules xx

cheryl said...

oh this is very oh la la love it love cheryl x

Sarah C said...

You'd never come back to an empty blog! Loved your entries so far and hope that you're having an awesome time on your cruise.

Your cards have been outstanding as usual xxx

Kari said...

Wonderful card,Brenda!!I just love the colours and details!
Hope you enjoy your vacation,sounds wonderful:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Irene said...

Hello brenda

Wonderful and stunning card. I love it. The colours are gorgeous and I especially like the
black feather with the pink roses, and that little bit of black lace.

Perfection.

luv
irene
xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Brenda, I was begining to think youd forgotten us. I absolutely love the card, have you been to Paris recently as it certainly looks like it. I love the little details youve put on your card, and the image is ideal. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Juls said...

have always loved this stamp, never got round to buying it yet!! Love what you have done with it, Always think black and pink looks so elegant! such a gorgeous card!

Mel said...

yowza, yowza honey! this is yummy - it's got real attitude. Smashing card. Mel x

Unknown said...

I have something on my blog for you Breda please pop over xx

cabio's craft corner said...

This pink and black combo is awesome and the feather is such a great addtion for this card.
I have a great time scrolling down your blog posts.
Hugs,
Cabio