Sunday 16 August 2009

Rosie Dees Challenge

Think I messed up a bit with my sheduled posts for our hols as seems I did not do one for this weeks Rosie Dees challenge, so sorry everyone, but am putting things right now with the reveal of my last card and this weeks sneak peek.

The theme for this one was "The Beach". The image I used is one I have had for years and although it's wood mounted has no identity I'm afraid. The background was created with Glimmer Mists, denim, grey, seafoam, pineapple and sunflower. I added some 'waves' using Inkssentials opaque pen, stamped Judikins 'sand' across the lower section to give the effect of dunes and Art Impression AA1038 (stones) and AA1378 (grass). The girl is coloured with Promarkers and her dress overstpamped with Art Impression B3023 flowers then decoupaged. Birds are Art Impressions G3235. The corner has been punched with Martha Steward embossed scallop, gems added and Daisy Bucket DP.

And finally, here is a sneak peek of this weeks new challenge. Do pop over and see the DT's fab inspiration and look forward to seeking your creations.

13 comments:

Juls said...

stunning! I love her hat!

Anonymous said...

wow this is really lovely Brenda,it reminds me of those old fashion postcards! xx jo xx

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card very peaceful the colouring is fab those glimmer mists are great to 'paint' with.

Unknown said...

mmm glimer mists there on the list of things to buy you are too good lol

Love Dawn xx

Nilla said...

Beautiful landscape! Love it! Welcome back! Hugs Nilla

eiyiyi said...

The card is just stunning. I'm wowed by the background. hugs. eileen

Saskia said...

I saw your card on the Challenge Blog... lovely work!!!!

Saskia :)

Kari said...

This is a lovely card,Brenda! The image is wonderful! The bow on the hat is a great detail!
Have a wonderful day:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Mina said...

wow what a beautiful card...it has such a gentle feel to it...so gorgeous
Mina xxx

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

Wow what an absoloutely fantastic card. The background is breathtaking, the whole card is stunning.

luv
irene
xxxx

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Brenda - the background you've created is just stunning.

Love Lynda xxx

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

This is wonderful.

The background is simply stunning - such beautiful colours.

Perhaps Mr Blogger just forgot to show this one for you. He did work very hard for you in your absence.

Nice to have you back.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Brenda this is an utterly beautiful card. I love the way you have done the background. When I see this I know I have a lot to learn...what talent....Hugs Avril xx