Sunday 30 August 2009

Rosie Dees sneak peek and reveal

Time for this weeks sneak peek of the new challenge at Rosies Dees and the reveal of last weeks card when the theme was "Sea", a place where we usually love to visit this time of year but the weather this summer probably means if you are like me, visits have been limited, unless of course you are fortunate enough to love close to the coast, which we do not.

I have used a lovely Stamps Happen image 80268 called "Linger by the Sea", it's quite an old one but I believe still available. I always find it a useful stamp for some of more 'difficult' cards - men of course !

I Glimmer Misted the background using midnight and a splash of rose tea for the sky, seafoam for the sea and sunflower and gold for the sand. The great thing about GM's is if you have a stamp in mind you can prepare and spray your card to fit with your image as I did here. I stamped very simply with versafine black and embossed with detail clear and did no colouring in at all as I felt the GM's gave it sufficient depth. The only addition was some dashes of Inkssentals white opaque pen to the waves. The DP is from my stash, the borders punched with Fiskars threading water, the letters cut on Cricut jasmine and finally the sail boat and lighthouse diamond glazed to lift them.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it another lesson of how I will be able to use my GM I need more colours! and the stamp is precious as it has such spiritual conatations for me too!

Love Dawn xx

I have used my GM first rather poor attempt it up on my blog (be kind)lol

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Loving the light house card and your tease. I've just had a result on my complaint about the adaware i paid $40 for, , $3o refund yipee, so being in a good mood I've put a link to froggie for you. I dare you to use him and the lily boo house. Now there's a challenge. your pal janex tee hee

Juls said...

beautiful!! love the soft colours and the scallop detail!!

Janis Lewis said...

That looks nice!

Sally H said...

Another stunning card! I too have that stamp, but have always coloured it in. I'll be trying this idea very soon! Thanks for the inspiration, Brenda!

Unknown said...

Two fantastic cards Brenda.

Thanks for being a great team member over on Rosie-Dee's

x

stampinfrog said...

Brenda I love this card! Thanks for the instructions for the GM. I have been on the fence since I wasn't sure how to use them!Fantastic way to use the treading water punch.
Thank you for your very sweet comments on my calendar pages!
Hope you are having a great weekend!!!
Hugs,Connie

Louise said...

fab card and a lovely idea for using glimmer mist at moment only have one colour and I have used to spray flowers on a card but I can see I am going to need more. Your information on glimmer mists was great and I learned a lot from it.

Zoechaos said...

Fab lighthouse they do make great sea theme cards and yours as usual is very striking and inspiring.

popped over to Rosie Dees and caught sight of a pic of you, cross country? someone pulling a bit? :)

Zoechaos said...

LOL noticed you chose one with you looking over your shoulder - away from the camara!

Nannieflash said...

Wow Brenda thats so effective, such a clever idea. Fantastic card by the way. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Love what you do with those Glimmer Mists. I haven't gone there, yet, but you are inspiring me to have a go.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Irene said...

Hello Brenda

So soft and beautiful. You amaze me with your use glimmer mists. Your card is so serene.

luv
irene
xxxx

dj1952 said...

I really like your card. Where do you get the Stamp Happens stamps? I have never used glimmer mist, I guess I'll have to do a search on what they are and how to use them. I think the card is so beautiful.

dj

texastransplant69@hotmail.com